I have been coughing for the past two weeks. I have consumed all the meds prescribed to me by the doctor but the cough is still bugging me so somehow the bacteria (because there are millions of them; if there was only one measly one it would be called bacterium but that's another topic entirely) has managed to dodge all attempts at tussive annihilation which include an arsenal of cough syrup, mouth and throat gargle, lozenges and the apparently not so kick-ass antibiotics.
So today nak tak nak I had to google up for natural cough remedies. I can't be ingesting any more cough syrup. And I have a few options:
1) The juice of 3-4 limes + 1 teaspoon of honey + 1/4 cup of warm water (once a day)
2) The juice of 3-4 limes + 4 tablespoons of soy sauce (3 times a week before going to bed)
3) 1 teaspoon of honey (every morning)
4) Tea or hot lemon water with some honey
5) Drink a little blackcurrant cordial (I'm not sure how much is little though)
6) 1 tablespoon of dried thyme + 1 cup of hot water
7) Peel and chop 6 medium onions and put them with 4 tablespoons of honey into a bowl set over a pan of boiling water (or double boiler). Cover and simmer for 2 hours. Strain the mixture and take 1 tablespoon every 2 or 3 hours.
And I realize that certain conditions trigger my cough:
3) Active movements of any kind
So for the time being I will try to self hypnotize into believing that I am a giant female hairy three-toed sloth who has no other care in this world except sleep and relax.
But this damn cough keeps waking me up from my arboreal dreams.