Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kucing main telefon

A few days ago one of my cats got hold of my hand phone, played with it, and plonked himself right on top of it, his fat tummy covering it and went to sleep. He didn't even budge when the phone rang and vibrated as I tried calling my number. Malah dia cuba menggigit jari saya tatkala percubaan menyeluk tangan ke bawah perutnya dilakukan dalam misi menyelamat telefon bimbit saya.

As a result of Hitam's playfulness, quite a number of my friends called me up to ask why I called them several times. And I had to repeat the same story over and over again.

This morning, as I was getting prepared for work, my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number. Usually it would be one of my students.

-Hello?
-Hello? Ini nombor siapa? You ada telefon?
-Sorry, salah nombor.

I couldn't possibly explain to a complete stranger that my black cat sudah buat hal.

-Nanti, nanti. Ini siapa?
-Salah nombor ni. Sorry.
-Ohhh. Adik manisss. Sudah kawin ka?

Damn. How many million handphone users are there in Malaysia? And how many of them are available Malaysian bachelors within the 40-45 year old range? So why is it that my fat cat would have to accidently dial the number of a Bangladeshi then?

Can someone please explain this to me? I'm in the dark.

No pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment