Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Perfect timing

This is an example of perfect timing:

A few days ago I went to Alamanda to meet up with a friend. As I was walking towards the meeting place, another friend called me up so we chatted as I walked. I was on the first floor, and as I passed the Chicken Rice Shop (chicken rice and more paa pa pa pa!), which was situated on the ground floor, I could smell delicious food and I made this remark to my friend on the phone.

"Waaa I can smell good curry la from here!" while looking down towards the shop.

I looked back up and saw that at that precise moment there was this family of four Indian nationals staring at me. The father was shaking his head. And how did I know they were from India?

The man turned to his wife and said, "If we were in Delhi, I would've mashed her into Palak Paneer. How dare she talk about us like that."

Adoi. So there you go. An example of perfect timing.But wrong place. Wrong time.

NB: Palak Paneer is a popular North Indian dished of mashed spinach and cheese. Makan dengan dhal and butter chicken and naan sedap wo.

No comments:

Post a Comment