Friday, April 13, 2012

InTra visit to Balakong

Yesterday I went for an Industrial Visit at Balakong to visit one of my students who is doing his practical training there. At Y&L Metal Components Sdn Bhd in Kawasan Perindustrian Kg Baru Balakong.

At the end of the visit, he took me around the huge factory to see all the machines and different sections, from stamping to wire-cutting. He animatedly told me the history of this company, how it started from just out of a two-storey shoplot thirty years ago by his GM Mr Lee. There were two partners in this company. The GM and the MD.

Oh. So I said to him his GM must be the one making up the L part of the name Y&L Metal Components Sdn Bhd. And I was guessing his MD's name to be Yoong or Yee or Yip or Yap.

"No lah madame. Y&L means Young & Lively."

Huh? Ye ke budak ni. Ke tipu aku? Macam nama syarikat buat tuala wanita je.

No comments:

Post a Comment