Friday, November 21, 2014

Zodiac

This morning in class we were discussing about birthdays. And how to wish happy birthday in French. Then we did a little revision on days and months in French.

Then one student started asking about the Zodiac.

-Madame...madame lahir bila ek?
-Je suis née le 5 mai.
-Ohh bulan Mei. That's Taurus kan Madame?
-Oui.

Another student mencelah.
-Madame how to say Taurus in French?
-Taureau.
-Orait ah. Toro toro toro.

Then I asked him what his zodiac sign was.
-Heheheh...no need tell la madame...shy la...
-It's ok. Just say it. And I will translate it into French for you.

-Errr...Saya virgin madame.
-Oh.
-Yes madame.
-Ok...

Then a few other students gave me the affirmation I needed.

-Kami pun virgin jugak.

Oh. Such naivety in thought and behaviour. I have a class full of angels.

NOT.

They actually wanted to tell me that their zodiac sign was Virgo.

I bet they thought Libra was a double push-up brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment