Monday, November 29, 2010

Tong Bak


The day my muay thai fitness instructor asks me to wear the head protective gear that you see at the background of the photo, I know I'm in deep shit. But those hot pink gloves of mine are pretty cute eh?

Sekarang ni pun baru disuruh buat jab-cross-hook-elbow pun dah termengah-mengah. By the time kena buat roundhouse kick I am asking for my oxygen tank.

And the worst part is that I just discovered that I had signed up for 25 sessions and I have 22 more classes to go! This is what happens when you sign up for a class because you got attracted to the "Free trip to Bali" offer (which I still have yet to redeem with my girlfriend).

But at least the good thing is that now at least mau tak mau suka tak suka ada la jugak sekali seminggu bersenam dan mengeluarkan peluh. Teruk kena belasah tu lain cerita la. Nasib baik my trainer is someone with a good sense of humour. Kalau tak tu lagi teruk aku kena. Mana taknya baru 10 minit into the session dah lari ke kerusi berdekatan. Where got road like that. He is forever negotiating with me. "OK kak. Boleh lagi kak. Bangun kak! Cepat!". Dulu masa adik saya baru belajar berenang saya selalu gelakkan dia. Dia selalu malas prektis berenang. My mum would shout from across the pool to ask him to do his strokes. And he would shout back "Tak nak! Nanti mati lemas!". Now I am doing exactly the same thing. But at 40 I don't think it's something adorable and cute. Mungkin by now my trainer feels like throwing me out of the window.

And another good thing is that we have discovered a very nice makan place opposite the muay thai studio. While I was cycling on the stationary bike last Saturday, tengok-tengok luar tingkap ternampak sebuah rumah yang ditukarkan menjadi restoran. Turned out to be the Kokopelli Traveller's Bistro that serves good food with a great ambiance. Just the perfect place to chill and relax selepas aktiviti menumbuk.

See? Life ain't that bad. You let yourself be thrown into the ring, take a few punches and you get back up again and look a little further beyond. There's a nice hot bowl of beef noodle soup waiting for you just around the corner.

Absolutely lovely :)

Blogger Templates

2 comments:

  1. aku suka boxing gloves ko.....cantek...set x ngan ur protective head gear?...pastu masa g makan kat kedai tu, mesti ko sling the gloves over ur shoulder kan, and menyebabkan adik2 kat kedai tu berlari2 datang kepada ko untuk bagi service yang terbaik sebab terkagum melihat gaya mu yang sungguh:
    ....stylo???..sexy???...macho???...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dewee: tak...bila aku masuk ke dalam kedai makan tu dengan pink gloves aku di sling over my shoulder dan diiringi lagu eye of the tiger sebagai lagu latar, orang kat dalam kedai tu semua memandang sabil berkata apa dah buang tabiat ke makcik ni?:D

    ReplyDelete