Thursday, August 18, 2011

Iftar with the Rukaiyah kids

These two mischievous looking boys are part of the Rukaiyah Orphanage I had the pleasure of spending some time with during iftar last weekend. And while I was taking this photo, I could almost hear them thinking out loud. And true enough, when I told them that everyone in my family was tall, they cried out, "Alaaa Achik macamana Achik tau kitaorang nak tanya soalan tu?"

They told me they were brothers. I asked them about another boy Haikal that I met last year during an outing with them. They told me that his parents came back for him. His parents, previously separated, got back together and decided to take back their child and live as a family again.

And to be honest, that was one of the best news that I've heard in a long time. We could do more with these heartwarming stories. It just cheers up any dowdy day.

Then one of the two boys in the photo above came up to me later to admit that they were not really brothers. Just friends. "Tapi saya lagi hensem tau Achik." Katanya. With a cheeky smile. :-))



2 comments:

  1. sis rumah nie kt mane..i got baju for 2yr boboi..byk kt rumah nie.actually org kasi tuk my boy..since my boy xmuat pasal too big..so nk sedekah baju2 nie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ct their age range is 8-17. So I rasa you elok bagi baju tu kat budak2 lain kot. This orphanage is in Kg Abu Bakar Baginda :-)

    ReplyDelete