Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What language do you speak?

This morning I had a class on countries and nationalities. And the languages that people speak. So after doing a dialog with the students it was time to do some oral with them. I asked them if they spoke a certain language and they would have to answer affirmatively or otherwise.

So I started with a student who volunteered. I asked him:
-Vous parlez français? (Do you speak French?)

He answered:
-Non, je parle malais. (No, I speak Malay.)

Then I moved on to the next student who seemed to be looking at his table. I asked him:
-Vous parlez italien? (Do you speak Italian?)

Dia angguk-angguk. Macam paham. Tapi dia tak jawab.
His friend nudged him. "Oi. Madame tanya la. Vous parlez italien tak?"
He looked up suddenly and replied, "Huh? Oui...oui...tali...tali..."

Ceh. Dia tidur rupanya.

No comments:

Post a Comment