Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My mud quota for this year


This was how I looked like when I came out of Gua Kelawar last Sunday. Covered from head to toe with mud.

Mud, mud and more mud.

When we were inside, we made a few rest breaks, during which we could have our light lunch if we wanted to. I did. But how? The whole body was covered in mud.

So, I took off my gloves, reached into my dry pack for a bun and bottled water. Then washed my grimy hands a bit. Then came the problem. Nowhere to wipe my hands. So I took off my helmet, wiped my hands on my headscarf, and started munching on my ikan bilis bun.

It's pitch dark anyway, so who cares?

Two days of walking, climbing, crawling and frolicking in guano and mud. In two caves.

Mud, mud and more mud.

But if it's to get a load of this majestic sight, isn't it all worth the bat poo? And who would've thought you can find this gem in Chemor. The town famous for tapioca a long time ago (my secondary school geography text book told me that).

Gua Kanthan pic courtesy of Steven ECLim.

No comments:

Post a Comment