Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sotong


On my way to work this morning I was driving along the road where you have the TTDI Plaza on the left (I'm terrible with road names) when I saw through my rear view mirror a familiar looking car. The driver seemed to be waving at me frantically. He was also sneezing.

I looked through the mirror again. He was still waving at me. As if he's telling me to pull over. Saya dah mula risau. Apa lagi yang dah kena kopak dari kereta aku ni? Hari tu boot kereta. Entah-entah I've been driving around without my car bumper without me even realizing it. Which is something that is not entirely impossible as I have been known to be very "lost" at times. Orang Perancis kata "être dans la lune" or "berada di atas bulan". Bulan apa pun entahlah. Bulan mengambang tak jadi kot.

But this time it was the other driver who was acting strange. Waving around. Seperti seekor sotong kurita yang sedang melambai-lambaikan tentakelnya ke kiri dan ke kanan, meminta tolong dilepaskan dari akuariumnya. Dan saya pun melambai-lambai kembali kepadanya.

I pulled to the side, and so did he. He came out of his car and walked towards mine.

-Are you okay Yati?
-Yeah. I'm okay. I saw you waving at me so I pulled to the side.
-Well I saw YOU waving at me. So I thought you were having car problems.

So as you can see, the blur sotong situation has reached critical stage.

-Yang you panggil-panggil I tu kenapa?
-Oi Cik Kak. I was trying to halau nyamuk dalam kereta. Lepas tu bersin sebab banyak habuk.

OH.

Aisey. Ingatkan kau lambai kat aku.

All the other cars slowed down to watch this mini argument.

Urgh. I hate sotongs. Except when they are cooked in sambal for my nasi lemak kukus.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment